Sunday, August 16, 2009

In conversation with god


I : Perumaley! (blinking hard)

God: What’s up? All good? How you doing?

I: I am ok. Not a very nice last three months. Like you don’t know!

God: I know, I know. Just wanted to know what you felt about it.

I: Ah! Nothing. Just a passing cloud type feeling. I am good. Almost.

G: It’s known as taking everything in the right spirit, you know. All part of the cycle of life, karma and all. Have you realized, all these so-called suffering has made you patient?

I: Ya. Ya. Easy for you to say. Bah! Forget it. I have stopped analyzing these things. You know, I have started seeing different aspects of life as a parallel path in the circuit of life. Even if one is not working the other paths are active.

G: Good girl. Whatever works for you.

I: So which one of the ten vishnus are you? I generally called out “permulaey”.

G: Funny, you must ask me this question. I heard you telling that friend of yours that the Vishnu avatarams were a manifestation of the impersonal to the personal. So that common folks could connect to a human form instead of an infinite supreme force.

I: Oh God! So, You do listen to everything I say or do? You saw me butting into the line the other day in the railway station, too?

G: Yeah. And also you swearing on your lab mate, the other day. What exactly was that?

I: Damn! I felt a little bad about it later, but he so totally deserved it. I would have apologized later but I don’t feel like looking at his face only.

G: Don’t worry. It’s not worth wasting your time over such faulty pieces . People make mistakes. They learn and improve or that’s how I meant the world to be. I’ve given you your own brain and a heart. It is up to you people to judge , analyze and do what you feel is right. You don’t have to be a Gandhi to be kind . You can be a normal human and be an idealist. Remember never to repeat a mistake, though.

I: hmm…. You are just like in the Geeta. Ossum wonly this is.

G: Whatever works for you.

I: I have a doubt.

G: Shoot!

I: Sometimes, when I am thinking about you in English and sometimes praying, do you like listen to me? Or If I speak in English, it’s Jesus who is listening to me.

G: Whoever gave you such an idea! Language is essentially a human parameter. Such mundane things do not affect me. You think a person who can’t talk, does not see me or talk to me. The vibes of your heart and thought convert to a message to me. It’s something like an infinite bit decoder.

I: Woah! Ok. That puts things into perspective.

G: And also, we are all the same. Your Ram, Rahim and Essu. We at different times have come and gone but have lived. I agree, we have been mis-interpreted. But, that again is your human perception of us.

I: That day during janmashtami, did you mind that I wore pyjamas and made the urundais for cheedai and pisinjified maavu?

G: Haa…

I: But, I took bath before doing all those things. You know madi and all that. I don’t see the point in pati’s take on madi but I thought taking bath before doing pooja is extremely essential. In college , junta don’t take bath for days, wear the same clothes for days together, so all the jingling mingling with them grossed me out. That’s why I took a bath after I came back home.

G: As long as you did your “pisinjification” and “uritification” happily and with a heart-felt desire, I really don’t mind you being in a pyjama. But, pati’s madi and aacharam has a scientific point to it. Instead of questioning everything blatantly, why don’t you use that brain a little more?

I: Okay.But amma is pretty cool with these things. So, it’s not much of a worry with me. She only expects us to be hygienic. Such pati ma formulae finds no place in her dictionary. And I am in peace with her take on madi-ness. It’s ok right?

G: If it works with you. Oh and nice kolam that day, by the way.

I: Really? You liked it? I made it with real rice maavu. My way of co-existing with the smaller creatures. That is the whole purpose of the kolam , isn’t it? It’s become a form of decorative piece in front of the house these days. My mami, uses that chalk powder type thing and pati gets so pissed….He he. I agree with her on this, though.What do you think?

G: Like I said, there is a reason to every custom. Good for people who realize it and for people who don’t, they will slowly at some point in time.

I: And, I also ate a little bit of bakshanam as soon as it was made. Even before, it was given to you. I told amma , I had some kind of pact with you in advance. I lied. But she totally bought it. Will you pierce my eyes? Kannu kutthuvela?

G: Ha-ha. I am you and you are me.

I: What? I don’t get you.

G: You Will. Give it time. Anything else?

I: I have this habit of drawing graphs to signify small, kutty and bigger things. Yesterday, an agnostic friend asked me to signify you using a graph. You know, I was so stupid as to actually give it a thought.

G: I am aware. So, have you come up with anything?

I: I drew something to the effect of a vertical asymptote and said that was you. It was like trivializing you. But that was to shut her up. I just told her that if she did math all her life assuming there was an infinity nobody had ever seen. But why couldn’t this infinity be God? Have I really trivialized you by breaking you into math?

G: Humans tend to do that. Don’t worry. Science can teach you how things happen but not why? Religion can teach you why some things have to be done but not how?

Isn’t it already late? Don’t you have to sleep?

I: Working on paper presentation. Talking about which, I am a little scared to present it and all. Will you come?

G: Of course I will. If you want me to come, you will see me at all times.

I: Where exactly will you be? Just so that I can look at you, if I am scared.

“You will find me there”, He said , pointing towards me and disappeared.


Dedicated to : Rav, who is always confused. Rango-nama, who refuses to understand " Hari yum sivanum onu, ariyathavar vaiyel manu" and does not visit shaivite temples in the pretext of being a veera vaishnavan when he very plainly is a jack.


22 comments:

PIXPICK on August 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM said...

great post... funny nd cute too...... mix of tanglish was awesome... :-)

All d best for ur presentation...

http://pixpick.blogspot.com

confused.. on August 17, 2009 at 9:58 AM said...

he saabichified you get married to an iyengar! Ha Ha.

Priti R on August 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM said...

@pixpick
Thank you :)
@siri
haha!it was his gtalk stat :P
so he thinks one has to be saabichified to be married to an iyengar!lawyered wonly!!
on a serious note, our friendship transcends these things. he is nice chap minus all this prejudiced thoughts.

Soin on August 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM said...

hariyum sivanum onuna yethuku rendu pera thaniya padacha.. anyways nice read..free

Priti R on August 17, 2009 at 3:34 PM said...

@soin
If you closely follow adi sankara's teaching- A- dwaita, It means No two but one. All is one.
They are a reflection of the same saguna brahmna on 5 different mirrors. They were formed to susbtantiate the concept of personal God.
The trinity have their respective jobs to perform adhu nala dhaan vera vera paeru :)

The Soul Doctor on August 18, 2009 at 11:54 AM said...

Excellent article. Very well written. This is one of the best blog posts I have read. :)

I could identify with Most of your conversations with god and "his" answers. So I guess I am not alone in thinking the way i do. :)

Interesting! Keep writing. Good luck.

Karthik

Priti R on August 18, 2009 at 11:58 AM said...

@karthik

Ah!thank you.
Aren't you the stan mba songi from our good OI?

The Soul Doctor on August 18, 2009 at 12:02 PM said...

Haha..Yes I am the Songi. I didnt know you are a member of OI though I did chance upon your profile through a common friend.

Akansha Agrawal on August 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

Hmm.. deep post! But there is a risk with this type of a conversation... you end up listening to what you think GOD(or whoever HE is) is saying, not necessarily what is actually there... don't you think?

Mads on August 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM said...

i liked it. i really really really liked it.
*realizes she is sounding dumb*
but u wrote it really well. and i've had these imaginary chats with God so i could connect well with the whole post :D

nice template btw :D
will drop in again :)
p.s- sorry for not visiting your blog before. was busy che :-s

Priti R on August 19, 2009 at 10:05 PM said...

@aku
This calls for a gtalk conversation on god.
@mads
danke :) Should have met you in ahd. That stupid akansha's mistake. :P
so, lawyering and all?

Mads on August 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM said...

Hehe.
*points at akansha and laughs*
*glares at her*
*blushes at 'lawyering and all'*
yeah im supposedly gonna become a lawyer in 1 and a half years :D
watsup with u che? What do u study and future plans etc. etc.?
Are you also a TIMEly person like akansha :O

Priti R on August 21, 2009 at 7:14 AM said...

@mads
Just take care of me , legally then :)
Don't point, bad habit!
No, she runs around "timing" while i sit around whiling. Maybe next year, shall do if really interested, if not , shall do it anyways :) She is my professional light bearer, so don't laugh at her :P ;)
gtalk?

Narayana Swamy K on August 23, 2009 at 5:04 PM said...

talking with god.. highly imaginative.. What happened in the last 3 months to cause you so much concern ?

Kartik Srinivasan on November 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM said...

i like your views as well as the novel manner of expressing your views :-)

dj on December 7, 2009 at 11:04 PM said...

awesome post priti..:)nice to read:)

Tongue Taster on January 30, 2010 at 1:38 AM said...

good one....balancing the traditions and the practical stuff.

reminds me of helping my mom make uppu cheedai - if you roll it hard then it bursts when porichufying in oil...

Anonymous said...

reminds me of reading the book " conversation with god" not able to remember the author of the book.

Anonymous said...

lol.....cant believe you still have that brahmin slang.....incredibly funny writing style....Perumaley...ROFL

Priti R on February 5, 2010 at 8:04 PM said...

@rajaselvan
there is one thing tam-brahms settled in north retain, and that is the twang :P

Kooga on December 8, 2010 at 4:24 AM said...

Hi ,

found your blog while blog hopping . Excellent post ! keep it up

Kumar

The Retardo Man on January 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM said...

Made for a great read. Good ol' Tam-Brahm stuff that makes sense too. :)

 

A Pollyanna's Canvas Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez