Sunday, July 5, 2009

HDD


There is absolutely no space in my laptop, whom we shall call Betty's hard disk. One day when i was talking about my grave concern on Betty being fully occupied, a friend suggested that i ask appa for an external hard disk. Uhm, so that is exactly what i did. Went something like this.

Me : Appa

Appa: sollu.

M: You know, i have no memory left.

A: Snigger. Snigger. (looking at amma) See, didn't i tell you, she's been acting weird since she did that bungee jumping.

M: (haha!!) Arey appa, my Betty does not have memory.

A: (Putting his coffee cup down) Who? Who is betty? Isn't that a girl's name?

M: Nothing to do with section 377 , pa.

A: (regaining his calm) So, who is betty?

M: My laptop's name.

A: Laptop's have name and all? I thought you only named that teddy bear in your room. What did you call it? Some poo... poochi...

M: (cutting him short) Pooh ji maharaj ji.

A: Your friend tells me you sometimes forget their names. Infinite quota for such useless information, i wonder how you even have space for what actually matters.

M: Ayyo, appa. There is no memory left in my laptop anymore. I don't know what to do?

A: Delete few things :)

M: But, i don't want to.

A: What do you have in your laptop?

M: Why do you need all that info? Anyway, I have lot of this and that.

A: This and that, na?

M: This and that na purinjukoyen?

A: Your essays, photos, videos and project and all? (not with a straight face)

M: Yes, yes

A: Ok , let me see it.

M: You don't trust me, na?

A: I do, but i still want to see it. Maybe i could do something about it.

M: No, you can't .

After a lot of probing , the father realises that I have more movies , songs and the likes than any really "important" stuff.

A: I think, yes I need to get a new external Hard disk.

M: ( joyous smile on the face)

After I entered my room, i did the victory jiggle.

The day after this day. The father comes back home with a red HDD. My joy knew no bounds. I quitely waited for him to do the honors of handing the shiny gadget to me. He did hand it, later in the day to me and coolly said, " Yes, i did take your advice and have got an HDD for my use!! and yes, could you teach me how to use it?"

Something broke somewhere. Into a million pieces.

The father, I tell you!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite elegantly you got things done from your father. Though he has got the disk for himself, i think he means you to have it.
ORKUT COMMUNITY

Blogiche

Akansha Agrawal on August 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM said...

Hahaha... well! Absolutely fantastic! :)) Happens with me also... ;)

P.S. Remove the anonymous comments

Unknown on August 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM said...

really nice. the only diff is ur father knows wht an HDD is, my father has gone ahead of floppy disc and still thinks he gave the idea to bill gates to start microsft and told him bacha hai, enjoy.

Mrudula Aaduru on August 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM said...

I can totally imagine my dad doing something similar... a hilarious read.. :-)

Freedum on August 10, 2009 at 1:01 AM said...

Ha ha ha...amazing.. :)

Anonymous said...

Been There Baby!! :)

Mads on August 19, 2009 at 8:35 PM said...

Oyeeeeeeeeeee....i was just contemplating on how to patao my dad into gifting me a hdd..and here i read your post!!!!!!

fexy post. (yes i saw kaminey and i thought it was ok ok) :|
who's betty? oh ur laptop (regains composure)---ROFL.
nice che... :D loved the post.

Molagaa on August 30, 2009 at 9:35 AM said...

Enna Oru Suvai....

The @zTeC on September 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

this is nice..

The @zTeC on September 1, 2009 at 9:02 PM said...

you have a good sense of humour !!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.... funny, dads will be dads eh ? is he still keepin the HDD for real ? :P

Anonymous said...

nice conversation to read between a dad and daughter. Unfortunate my conversations with dads are one word yes no while i was growing. Never learnt to have long oconversation like this.

shyam on November 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM said...

Ah now that's good sense of humour :)

Here's mine

Spread the joy:)

 

A Pollyanna's Canvas Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez